Search engines are designed to direct Internet users to websites they believe will satisfy the user's enquiry.
Therefore in most cases visitors from search engines are "targeted traffic" for a website, and for
commercial websites this traffic represents potential customers and may convert to sales.
The goal of Search Engine Optimisation
is to improve an organizations positioning in popular search engines for
popular search terms. This of course, is what every website wants: the dream of every website selling mobile phones
is to have top billing in Google when someone searched for "mobile phones" or "mobile
accessories", and is needless to say a very tall order. Nevertheless there are several techniques for improving
a website's search engine saturation and positioning, which we employ.
Furthermore Search Engines are not the only apparatus for delivering visitors to a website. Other mediums such as
link exchanging, tell-a-friend, email, newsletters, newsgroups, and more can be enormously successful.
There is also the option to use pay-for-performance advertising with Search Engines (shown as "Sponsored"
or "Featured" listings), which ensures an abundance of targeted visitors, for as little as US$0.06 per
visitor. These advertising campaigns can be operated on any budget from $20 per month upwards.
How do we improve your Search Engine Ranking?
- We asses your current search engine ranking/saturation
- We consult with you to determine the most appropriate search terms for your site
- We research the popularity of those terms and revise them where necessary
- We embed those terms into your website as strategically placed content, title, alt , & Mata Tags etc.
- We analyse your HTML code to determine if it's construction is problematic for Search Engines
- We analyse your website directory structure to determine if it is problematic for Search Engines (ie. deep / shallow)
- We develop a program for cross linking solicitation to appropriate websites
- We manually submit your website to all the major Search Engines: Dmoz, Alexa, Yahoo, Google, & directories.
- Depending on your budget we may suggest paid submission to Yahoo, Looksmart, Lycos, etc.
- Check for the existence of a robots.txt file, and it's composition.
- Depending on your budget, we may suggest paid advertising on Overture and Google Adwords (you only pay for
- If you have an ecommerce site, we may suggest flattening your product database into static pages.
- We may suggest implementing of a "Sitemap" page
- We may suggest implementing an affiliate system
- If SE refuse to index your website, we may suggest requesting a new dedicated IP address.
- We may suggest "tell-a-friend", a "links" page and other tools & techniques
- We may suggest other organic means of improving your search engine ranking
- We may brief you on SEO techniques to avoid - such as the use of link farms.
- Finally, we re-asses your rankings within four weeks of the campaign to evaluate your site's progress and
map out future tasks.